Maptour Page 3
Maptour: Religious Adherence, 1891-1961
Québec’s Second Religion?
- Keep open the interactive map
"Religious Adherence, 1921."
- Click on the "Zoom to" drop-down menu and select "Southern Québec".
- Under LAYER CONTROLS, turn on
the checkbox for "2nd most common religion."
- In most of Québec in 1921 the second most common religion
after Roman Catholicism was held by less than ten per cent of the population.
- The St Lawrence River valley in 1921 was an intensely homogeneous area when it came to religion.
The presence of Presbyterians and Anglicans along Québec's American border
may be a sign of adjacent New England roots.