Maptour Page 4
Maptour: The Boundaries of Canada, 1670-2001
America’s Revolutionary New Nation
- Keep open the interactive map
"Boundary Changes, 1670-2001."
- Under LAYER CONTROLS, turn on
the checkbox for "1774"; then turn on "1783."
- Click back and forth, noting the substantial changes
that occur on the map.
- The Canada - United States border through the Great Lakes appears for the first time.
- In 1783 the United States, a sovereign nation, was poised to indulge its own
territorial - some would say imperial - ambitions both west and north.